Rules and regulations
- The library is kept open on all working days from 9.00 AM to 5 PM. On Saturdays and during vacations the working hours will be from 10 AM to 4 PM.
- All the personal belongings such as text books, notebooks, files, briefcases, bags, umbrellas etc. should be kept at the property counter. However calculator and plain paper for note taking can be brought inside the library.
- Strict silence should be observed within the library.
- The person in whose name a book/periodical is issued will be held responsible for the care of the same. He will have to bear the compensation for any damage or loss.
- Number of books allowed to various members:
1. Students : 2 books / For 14 days
2. Teachers : 5 books / For 14 Days
3. Administrative staff : 2 books / For 14 days
- A book can be renewed for further one term, if the book is not being reserved by any one.
- If a member wishes to keep the book after one renewal he/she has to present the book in the library and get it reissued (if available), after keeping the book in the Stack room for one week .
- A fine of Re.1 per day per volume will be levied from all the library members including teaching and Administrative staffs, if a book is kept beyond the due date stamped.No further issue of books will be made till all the dues are cleared.
- A book, which is temporarily on special demand, may be lent for a shorter period than the prescribed period. The librarian may at any time terminate loan / reduce the loan period as the time demands.
- Reference Books are not issued on loan.
- Periodicals are regarded as reference books and are not issued normally.
- If a book / books borrowed from the Library is / are lost, the matter must be reported to the Librarian immediately. The member has to replace the same or later edition of the same book lost/ damaged within a week s time. If the replacement is not possible the following will be the procedure to recover the cost of the lost/damaged.
(a)Ten times of the actual cost of books published before 1.1.1946.
(b)Six times of the actual cost of books published in between 1.1.1946 and1.1.1970.
(c)Three times of the actual cost of books published after 1.1.1970.
In the case of foreign books the conversion rate at the present rate will be charged
Free Educational Resources
- PG Pathshala
- Spoken Tutorial
- Talk to a Teacher
- The best free cultural & educational media on the web
- Download free eBooks and textbooks
- Free Text Books
- An interactive online essay writing tutorial
- University of Pennsylvania : more than 30,000 books that anyone can read for free online
- Free ebooks by Project Gutenberg
- Questia’s library
- A personalized learning resource for all ages
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- MIT Open CourseWare
- Open Text Books
- Global Network for open Education
- Video Lectures
- Free Online Courses